Australia’s #1 Desmanthus
7 reasons you should choose Progardes® superior desmanthus
- Progardes® is the result of over 20 years of scientific research and innovation. We’ve collaborated with leading research institutions to develop a pasture legume scientifically proven to improve and sustain your pastures. Progardes® has had decades of breeding and selection in some of northern Australia’s harshest environments. No other Desmanthus has anywhere near this level of breeding evolution. The result is a genetically superior Progardes when compared with other Desmanthus on the market.
- Controlled trials have proven the superior performance of Progardes® over other Desmanthus. A NSW DPI trial showed Progardes® produces three times more dry matter per hectare with less water than the other leading Desmanthus variety.
- Progardes® contains a variety of Desmanthus cultivars, with blends selected to suit the specific conditions of your land. This helps it grow during wet and dry seasons, unlike single cultivar desmanthus which doesn’t suit all seasonal conditions. Improved productivity and persistence means a better ROI.
- No other Desmanthus is as widely tested as Progardes®. Research is ongoing, for example recent trials with CSIRO showed that the quality of Progardes® silage is as good as lucerne!
- Increased animal live weight gain. Numerous trials have shown that the high crude protein and palatability of Progardes® leads to faster and greater weight gains for your livestock.
- Progardes® deep tap roots improve drought tolerance and are nitrogen-fixing for increased soil carbon.
- Research by CSIRO shows Progardes® can reduce methane emissions from cattle by up to 10%.
Ready to see how Progardes® can transform your pasture performance?
Our super legumes give you superior results
What people say about Progardes®
I’ve seen it thrive in both alkaline and neutral clay-rich soils and adapt to all sorts of harsh conditions. Sheep and cattle actively seek out Progardes® so this, combined with its high protein content, has a noticeable impact on animal live weight gain.
I have been using Progardes® now for quite a few years and even through some terrible years of drought and very low rainfall they have survived.